Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Toy for Climbing Training

Yesterday I went out and bought a mountain bike - the Trek Paragon.  It has 29" wheels and is built very well.  It is probably 3 to 4 times heavier than my road bike.  Since I live in Dallas, you would think that a road bike is better suited for the terrain.  Dallas is one of the cities in the US with the fewest bike paths per citizen in the nation.  You can't find a trail unless you drive to it.  We moved a couple of months ago to an area that is near the Trinity River.  The Trinity intersects Dallas and Ft. Worth and their is a levee system built through it.  This is very close to my house and yesterday I rode 13 hard miles on the dirt trail a top of the levee.  It was great fun and you can only ride it if you have a mountain bike.

Some pictures of the Bike

No comments:

Post a Comment